Sunday, November 16, 2008

1000Markets...a dream come true?

Three days ago I was reading another blog and clicked on a link that brought me to a handcrafting comer's site called 1000Markets http://www.1000markets.com/ .
At first glance I could already tell that this site would be one that would possibly rival Etsy's already established position in the handcrafting movement. After reading it's terms and browsing the stores (some of which are also well known and successful Etsy sellers), I decided to sign up to sell. Managing four stores is going to be abit of a challenge for me but since my schedule now allows me more time to do this, I think I'm more than up for the challenge.

1000Markets is a juried site that offers features such as stats, Marketgroups and an actual blog within your store. Customers go through the Amazon payment system for orders and along with the forum, you can contact another member by posting on their "wallboard" or by contacting them through their store (similar to the convo system provided by Etsy). The opening page of the site is very pleasing to the eye and it is fairly easy to navigate here. In short, this place has everything that a seller would need.

I'm still waiting for approval for my shop to began selling here and although my items cannot be seen by the public as of yet, my blog and comments can so that is still a plus in my book. I'll keep you all posted on how things go...

UPDATE:

I've been ACCEPTED! You can find my brand spanking new shop at: http://www.1000markets.com/shops/shannoncintronjewelry
Check out my blog there too.

No comments: